USA 25 c Park narodowy Hot Springs nr 1 2010 24K AU
The Hot Springs National Park Quarter is the first of 2010 and the first overall in the America the Beautiful Quarters™ Program. Hot Springs National Park, destination of the Dunbar-Hunter Expedition sent by President Thomas Jefferson in 1804, features prehistoric American Indian quarries. A bustling town grew up around the hot springs to provide health services. Hot Springs was first established as a national site on April 20, 1832, to conserve the water from the 47 springs that emerge from Hot Springs Mountain and to ensure that water was made available for drinking and therapy.
The quarter’s reverse (tails side) image depicts the façade of the Hot Springs National Park headquarters building with a fountain in the foreground. The headquarters was built in the Spanish colonial revival style and completed in 1936. The National Park Service emblem is featured to the right of the door. Inscriptions are HOT SPRINGS, ARKANSAS, 2010 and E PLURIBUS UNUM. Design candidates were developed in consultation with representatives of Hot Springs National Park.